With a focus on the theme “Bringing Back the Love”, the 40th Anniversary of the Memphis Open presented by ServiceMaster was able to successfully reignite the passion for tennis in the city of Memphis, the mid-south community and across the globe!
Now that the tournament has come to a close, on the behalf of the entire staff, we would all like to say Thank You! Because of your support over the past few weeks, we were able to successfully celebrate 40 years of pro tennis with a first-class anniversary year. Here are a few highlights from our 40thAnniversary:
- 1.8 million national TV viewers
- Ticket Sales were up 22.5% over 2015
- Eight new corporate sponsorships
- 82,000 MemphisOpen.com unique visitors
- Over $40,000 donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital from the Memphis Open Ball Kids
- Honored Hall of Fame Inductees Bob and Mike Bryan, Billy Dunavant and Tommy Buford
- 2015 doubles champions Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Santiago Gonzalez successfully defended their title to repeat in 2016
- Three-time defending champion Kei Nishikori earned his fourth consecutive title tying Jimmy Connors for all-time wins in Memphis
- Future American champs Frances Tiafoe, Michael Mmoh, Tommy Paul, Jared Donaldson, and Taylor Fritz became the first five teenagers in an ATP main draw in over 25 years
- Teen phenom Taylor Fritz made his first ATP World Tour final in only his third event
- Special Events like Sunday Funday, the Ping Pong tournament, Student Symposium, Kids Fun Day, Bryan Brothers concert and Dine in Style with Stash Home enjoyed good attendance and all helped celebrate this 40th Anniversary Year
Thank you again to the Memphis tennis community for making 2016 such a hit.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for February 11– 19, 2017 for the 2017 Memphis Open presented by ServiceMaster!
See you then-